What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

4th Annual VAF ski trip

morganjp

Well Known Member
The 4 th annual RV ski trip to the Beaver Creek Colorado area is Jan 14 th to Jan 21 st. We have 2 of the 6 bedrooms still available at this time. Please contact John Morgan @ 770-823-1713 for details. Rooms will be given on a first come first serve basis and women are always welcome to join in just no kids under 21.:)

Still looking for skiers to fill the last 2 rooms. Fantastic accommodations, dirt cheap price, fair company if you wanna talk airplanes a lot after skiing!

Could you post some details here? Where are the accommodations? Cost? What's included in the price, etc?

I have really stupid question: Is this an RV trip where you all are flying with a group of people with your RVs or are you all flying commercial?

Have fun!

John,

Sorry, but I will miss out skiing with you guys this year. My family and I will be in Playa del Carmen, getting some beach time. Have fun!

To answer the question above, I believe most of the people that come, fly commercial, but that doesn't mean you couldn't fly an RV. They stay in a huge house on the hill, near Beaver Creek Ski Resort. Then they go to several ski resorts during their stay. In the past, I've driven up from Denver and skied with them.

What Mike said is correct. House is about 9 miles west of Beaver Creek just South of I70. Rooms are $70 per night per room. No ladies scheduled yet but if one shows up then she gets the master suite.
If we fill these two rooms then we still look forward to others skiing with us ; just not staying in the house. All areas except Snowmass are within 45 min drive from the house,. We typically ski at Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckinridge , Copper, Keystone, and Snowmass. The food and rental car receipts are split equally at the end of the week.
We don't fly our RVs due to icing concerns. We meet in Denver airport early Sat afternoon and drive up to the house together.
The 4 skiers currently going are all of moderately advanced age skiing blues and double blues with an occasional moderate black thrown in. No double blacks for us so if you are a hot dog skier then you need a partner to ski with you as we discourage single skiers. I hope that answers all questions.

What Mike said is correct. House is about 9 miles west of Beaver Creek just South of I70. Rooms are $70 per night per room. No ladies scheduled yet but if one shows up then she gets the master suite.
If we fill these two rooms then we still look forward to others skiing with us ; just not staying in the house. All areas except Snowmass are within 45 min drive from the house,. We typically ski at Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckinridge , Copper, Keystone, and Snowmass. The food and rental car receipts are split equally at the end of the week.
We don't fly our RVs due to icing concerns. We meet in Denver airport early Sat afternoon and drive up to the house together.
The 4 skiers currently going are all of moderately advanced age skiing blues and double blues with an occasional moderate black thrown in. No double blacks for us so if you are a hot dog skier then you need a partner to ski with you as we discourage single skiers. I hope that answers all questions.

Back