What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Sika cleaner substitution?

bobmarkert

Well Known Member
I believe I ordered the correct products to Sika my canopy to my RV8 frame this weekend..... but Noooooooooo. What I received is the 205 Activator and not the 226 cleaner. Is anyone knowledgeable enough to know if there is a suitable alternate cleaner (alcohol?) that will suffice before the primer is laid down? I really want to get-er-done this Saturday.....sigh

P.S. what is the activator for anyway?.... I don't see it mentioned in the pleather of posts on using Sika

Thanks
Bob

According to the MSDS sheet Sika Aktivator 205 and Sika Cleaner 226 are the same thing.

Thank you

I love smart cleaver people...... I never thought to check the MSDS info. Thank you. Weekend work plan saved!!!!

A fresh look at the Sika webpage shows they re-named the Sika Cleaner 226 to Sika Aktivator 205. Even though I ordered Cleaner 226, Jamestown Distributers shipped 205 which is equivalent...... whew

From the webpage
Sika Aktivator 205 (Sika Cleaner-226) is a special adhesion promoting solution for the pretreatment of bonding surfaces prior to bonding or sealing with Sikaflex products. Use Sika Aktivator 205 (Sika Cleaner-226) improves adhesion and gives a more weather-resistant bond or seal on a variety of substrates, particularly: metals, many plastics, many types of paints and lacquer finishes. Color Transparent, ClearPackaging250 ml can

Last edited:
Back