What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

What size landing light

RV-Ogler

I have a “WAT PARMETHEUS PRO LED PAR 46 LANDING LIGHT” sitting on my shelf I was gonna install in my Mooney but found a cheaper option. But rather than pay shipping to return to Spruce I wonder if I can install it in my 14 when the time comes. I think the par 46 is 5” diameter

Im also wondering when I should order my wing kit because the lead is 8 months. How many hours did your tail kit take?

I have a “WAT PARMETHEUS PRO LED PAR 46 LANDING LIGHT” sitting on my shelf I was gonna install in my Mooney but found a cheaper option. But rather than pay shipping to return to Spruce I wonder if I can install it in my 14 when the time comes. I think the par 46 is 5” diameter

Im also wondering when I should order my wing kit because the lead is 8 months. How many hours did your tail kit take?

If you can afford it and are progressing on the tail then order the wing kit now. Even for slow builders the tail kit doesn't take very long. If lead time is 8 months and is accurate then figure another week or two for crating and another week for shipping, so you are potentially approaching 9 months. I could have ordered my wing kit earlier, but I am paying as I go so I took my time on the tail. I'm also much faster and have better skills now than I had back then too.

If you can afford it and are progressing on the tail then order the wing kit now. Even for slow builders the tail kit doesn't take very long. If lead time is 8 months and is accurate then figure another week or two for crating and another week for shipping, so you are potentially approaching 9 months. I could have ordered my wing kit earlier, but I am paying as I go so I took my time on the tail. I'm also much faster and have better skills now than I had back then too.

This is exactly what I did. I'm finishing up my 2nd rudder and have started on the tail cone. I ordered the wing kit on 21 June and was quoted delivery in March 2022. I should be done with the last of the empennage kit well before the wings arrive.

I was told eight months lead time with another month for crating and shipping.

Back