What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

welders

bobnoffs

Well Known Member
i am looking for a welder to do up a fuel tank for me. i followed an ad for one that works on ''planes'' but in the end he won't do it. i am looking for someone experienced in making alum. header tanks, fuel tanks etc.
would really appreciate any leads.

Bob --Have you tried Marvin Homsley? He advertises on VAF for smoke tanks, but does build the behind the seat extended tanks for the side by side RV's.

Tom

i am looking for a welder to do up a fuel tank for me. i followed an ad for one that works on ''planes'' but in the end he won't do it. i am looking for someone experienced in making alum. header tanks, fuel tanks etc.
would really appreciate any leads.

Any local racing shop should be able to weld up a tank. Call your nearest SCCA chapter.

Tried to send this earlier, but it failed to 'go'.

If you can do the fabrication/fitting work, any halfway decent local welder with an AC TIG rig should be able to weld it for you. I doubt many would care, but just tell 'em it's an off road fuel tank. You can bet he's already built some for local racers, off-roaders, etc. Do tell him it's a fuel tank, though, so he'll test for pinholes in the welds.

+1 for Ed at Tech Welding, if you want to totally farm it out. He does a lot of work for alt engine guys, so he isn't afraid of aviation.

Charlie

Back