What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

FFI Change in Leadership

Stu McCurdy

Well Known Member
Be it known to all formation pilots that as of 1 Jul 15, I will be stepping down as FFI Administrator and handing the reins to Bob Mills (Nasty). I am following Gen MacArthur policy and will just fade away as Nasty takes FFI to new heights in precision formation flying and continued discipline. FFI has a reputation for excellence in training and evaluation, producing outstanding formation pilots to fly in airshows around the country. Nasty will continue that mark.

Nasty will do some restructuring to make the organization better and include FFI members from around the country in leadership roles. Stay tuned to announcements from him. He will also announce where new evaluations and Activity Reports sound be sent to maintain currency. Also, stay tuned for a development of a better website.

It has been my honor to lead FFI for the past 15 years from its inception in 1999, but time has come for new blood to lead.

Thank You

Falcon, thank you for all you hard work, guidance and leadership while holding the reins of FFI.

Nasty will have huge shoes to fill. Of course, he has big feet.

Excellent choice - we need to keep Nasty busier.... keeps him off the streets! ;)

Congrats Bob!

Thank you Stu

Falcon,

I thank you for all your hard work and dedication through the years to create FFI.

Without you, lots of us wouldn't have had this much fun.

Nasty will do a great job.

Thanks again,

Slick

Thank you.

Be it known to all formation pilots that as of 1 Jul 15, I will be stepping down as FFI Administrator and handing the reins to Bob Mills (Nasty). I am following Gen MacArthur policy and will just fade away as Nasty takes FFI to new heights in precision formation flying and continued discipline. FFI has a reputation for excellence in training and evaluation, producing outstanding formation pilots to fly in airshows around the country. Nasty will continue that mark.

Nasty will do some restructuring to make the organization better and include FFI members from around the country in leadership roles. Stay tuned to announcements from him. He will also announce where new evaluations and Activity Reports sound be sent to maintain currency. Also, stay tuned for a development of a better website.

It has been my honor to lead FFI for the past 15 years from its inception in 1999, but time has come for new blood to lead.

Thank you Stu.

For making the RV (and other GA aircraft) World a more fun filled and safer place to fly.

You dedication to "doing it the right way" and the "keeping it safe", is appreciated by us all.

James

The brotherhood of aviation is better for what Falcon has given it.

It's truly rare to find an aviator with…

The Courage to overcome all obstacles and begin an organization such as FFI,
The Fortitude and Persistence to shepherd its growth through regulatory minefields,
The Wisdom and Conviction to stay the course of professionalism and uncompromising quality,
And the Leadership and Pure Love of Flying to cultivate, in so very many pilots, the special qualities of dedication and trust that it takes to fly wingtip-to-wingtip with your brothers and sisters!

Thank you Stu!

As I told Falcon when we first discussed this opportunity…Proud to Serve!

Cheers,
Nasty

Stu,

You gave me my wingman check ride back in 2006. That opened a new world to me. Great friends, good times and challenges beyond what I would ever imagine. Thank you. Enjoy your "retirement".

FFI

Stu,

I add my thanks to all your efforts leading FFI and the time you invested in developing a quality organization. Enjoyed talking to you at the clinics and my personal thanks for giving me my FFI check ride a couple years ago after 22 years in the military. It is rather a blast being a wingman again and I thoroughly enjoy RV formations.

Nasty will have hard shoes to fill and a class act to follow but rest assured we will "hold his feet to the fire" so to speak to uphold the high standard you have set. But hey- since he flies an RV he'll work out just fine.

Thanks again for all your efforts & hope you will keep flying with us for a bit,
Oly

Thank you

Falcon

Many heartfelt thanks from me as well. Formation flying was the reason I purchased an RV in the first place, and without your efforts I wouldn't have met the fine gentlemen (ahem :cool:) that I've flown with over the last few years at clinics and Team AD.

Of course, I will never forget your personal "briefing" when picked me up after I missed the bus to the airport at Pine Bluff a couple of years ago :eek:

-Flame Out aka Hacker (almost aka Sleepy)

Stu,
It takes courage to understand when it is time to pass the torch.
Good for you.
You go out on top.
Daddyman

Back