What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Oshkosh helicopter rides

RV7Guy

Well Known Member
You've seen them for years, nonstop from morning to evening, the Bell 47 helicopters over flying the grounds. But, how many have taken advantage of this great program?

This year, I'll be one of the pilots flying the daily tours. It is $49 and the funds benefit many worthy causes. If you haven't had the opportunity to see what Airventure looks like from that vantage point you are really missing out. It is quite the sight.

If you come up ask for me and they will do their best to let you know if or when it is my turn to fly. We fly 1.5 hour sorties. Or, have them point me out and introduce yourself.

Thanks. Hope everyone has a great time. Don't forget the Monday night social.

.....If you come up ask for me and they will do their best to let you know if or when it is my turn to fly. We fly 1.5 hour sorties. Or, have them point me out and introduce yourself.....

Can I do it the other way around and ask them to make sure I DON'T have to fly with you!?!??! :D :D :D

Cheers,
Stein

Can I do it the other way around and ask them to make sure I DON'T have to fly with you!?!??! :D :D :D

Cheers,
Stein

I don't think this guy would be allowed to fly anyway!
29mqhs1.jpg

TOUCHE` my friend! :)

Jeez I hate all these stinkin new digital cameras people have in their phones....I can't get away with anything anymore.

Where's the pic of Darwin in his pink fluffy Tu-Tu?

Cheers,
Stein

Very true!!!

$49.00???

That is a lot less than it usually costs to ride in a chopper with you :rolleyes:

Very true. If you were riding with me while I was working, you've had a very bad day. But then you'd probably not remember it. The medical staff would have you drugged into tomorrow.

About $3000 just to light the fire. When minutes count.... And they do when you are a distance from a Level 1 Trauma Center.

Nah, come out and ride for fun!!!

Highly recommended

I took a helicopter ride at Oshkosh year before last.
I really enjoyed seeing everything from the low and slow vantage point.

P1020236.jpg

Mark

Darwin doesn't need a pink tu-tu

He's got an even uglier ORANGE shirt that he wears to glider contests...

I'm pretty sure Darwin is the only fulltime copter pilot giving those rides.

I'd trust the man with my life. Think about it. People do every day in his day (and night) job.

Schedule, Location?

I would like to do this. What is the schedule? Is the at the same location where the small helio's are on display?

Got my son a ride two years ago. We had to wait 1.5 hours, but he loved every second of it. It was his best memory from that Airventure.

They run all day. Take the tram (or bus, I can't remember which) over to Pioneer airport. Can't miss it. Follow the signs. It's on the other side of the field from the museum.

Excellent Driver

I can attest that Darwin's an excellent chopper pilot. Took the MASH helo ride today. Got to see my camping RV and Darwin's flying RV from the open door of the chopper. There was a bit of a wind chill factor though.

Darwin is right, the short helicopter tour was a blast.

My son and did it during the afternoon airshow. We both agree it was the highlight of the trip

Back