What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Moncton Aéro-club

Lan Vinh Do

Well Known Member
HI
i am near completion of a project in moncton. We started a non for profit organisation for hangar space. We are building a 140 X 80 hangar with 4 door of 60X12, insulated and infloor heat for 12 aircraft . It's a co-op. no profit at all but people have to buy their aircraft spot ( price is 1/12 of the project price. Not a cent of profit)
It wil be finish in early november. There is still one aircraft spot for sale.
If you know anybody in the moncton NB area that is interested, let me know.
It is located on Moncton airport CYQM

there is some picture here

https://picasaweb.google.com/lanvinhdo/MonctonAeroClub?authuser=0&feat=directlink

Last edited:
Good morning Lan
Sounds like a great project. Tried to view your photos but no luck. Could just be me.
Ron

Lan, having just completed construction of a 70'X 75' building myself (I actually put it up) what company built the components, just curious.
Are those recent photos? As I mentioned before, a local friend is in Moncton doing his training and he flew our ten last weekend. He wants us to come to Moncton and visit but the weather is lousy lately. I'll let you know if we come up and hopefully if your not working we could spend more than a few minutes visiting with you. Also if your looking for a short flight give us a visit, CLE4.
Ron

moncton

Hi Ron
The picture are recent. The Siding and roof will be done at the end of the week. Infloor heat next week and the floor will be done the 25th. The paving begin the 25th also and they will need 3 days. I don'T know if i will have the time to have water and electricity the 1st of november but it will be soon after.

The main event in the construction was that the sewer line is under pressure and on the other side of the road. the quote for sewer and water was 35 000$. ( the more expansive toilet in moncton. We only have one toilet and 4 water tap) So we will go just with water ( on our side of the road ) and a holding tank.

The other thing was that the airport have a agreement with the city even if it'S a federal land. firehydrant is at 280ft in direct line but there is a fence. If we mesure by passing by the gate, it's at 400ft. Because the city want less than 300ft, i need to put a new fire hydrant . ( any good advice or contact are welcome) the chepest quote was 7000 fore the fire hydrant and the other 15 000$

The building is from EASCAN in Truro and is assemble by a local contractor.

I am on call all the week end but let me know if you come.
Later when the project is finish, you can put your 10 in the hangar overnight if you need. I own 2 spot in the hangar but only have my 10 for now. I bought the other for my next 7 when it will be finish. ( for now i pass all my time on the hangar so the 7 building go slow.

The first steel building we put up over twenty years ago was from Truro and the name was something like Eascan, might even have been. I had not heard of them and hadn't even considered them in this job, my bad.
Thanks for the update and appreciate the invite to your hangar. You are certainly welcome to use my hangar if ever that interest you.
Ron

grand opening

Hi
We finally did the grand opening of the Moncton Aero-Club yesterday.
The weather was good. There was a lot of people from the city, airport administration, COPA, Moncton flight College, club members etc.

When i began with the idea the project 2 year ago, my goal was just to have a shelter for my own aircraft. It turn out way better. I have met great friends, we are now a club with a hangar that can protect 12 aircrafts and not just me on my own. But the best thing is now the social network that it created and a place to meet with people passionate about aviation at the Moncton Airport.

I hope the club will continue to get bigger and have a good implication in the community.

Lan Vinh Do

https://picasaweb.google.com/lanvinhdo/GrandOpeningMonctonAreoClub?authuser=0&feat=directlink

1/12 share

The price was 45 000$ tax included. This is considering the paving that we bad to do, the fire hydrant that we had to add by the city request and the infloor heat. We also had to bring the water and ectricity 300ft from the water line.

If a second building is build in the future, they will not have these cost.

Vinh

Lan, very nice building! I am hoping to visit Moncton early in July. Do you have any spots for over night guests? I would most certainly be wiling to pay a hangar fee.

Welcome Tom

You are more than welcome Tom. I have 2 spot in this hangar. One fo my RV10 and the other one for my future Rv-7 ( Still in my basement)
Let me know when you come. For a RV builder or owner it's free for overnight ; )

Vinh

Thanks. I will keep in touch. I also have free overnight hangar space at my grass strip for RVs/rockets. 2nm north of CYQS st.thomas ontario

Back