What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Calling all Fresno area Van's RV Drivers

BHunt

Well Known Member
Ok so, I just graduated the F-16 B Course back in September and am moving to Osan AB (Harrumph!!) in South Korea in December. I have been asking questions on this site for almost a year now and have decided that I WILL build an RV in the future, eyes on the 14. But being in South Korea for 1 year min and a busy few years ahead of me, it may be a couple years before I'm really able to dive in.
On to my request. I will be on leave in the Fresno, CA area from Nov 9 through Dec 3 and am trying to go up for my first time (sts) in an RV. Is there anybody in the Fresno area willing to let me buy their gas/breakfast/beer/whiskey for a ride to see what I'm getting myself into. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot

Brad

Brad,
Congrats on the viper.

It may be helpful if you tell people how tall you are, how much you weight and your preferred RV (tailwheel, training wheel :), tandem or side by side). There are many RV around the area. Unfortunately, some of us have copilot size limitations because of CG issues.

Easy enough. 6'0. 185lbs. Never flown a tail dragged, but not against it. Looking at side by sides, the 14 is on the top of my list. But the draw of a tandem keeps pulling me that direction.

16 Driver???

From an old country farmer with a couple thousand hrs in rv4-6 and 7, I can't see you, a fighter jock, in anything but a center line seat RV.. Anyway, if you get back to Colorado and have a few minutes, shoot me a message and I will line you with a couple of retired Navy types, A6 and FA18 drivers that will convince you of the folly of your ways.....Dave

Brad,

I live in Sierra Sky Park in NW Fresno.

Call when you get into town, we'll get you up in whatever you'd like to try. The formation group I am honored to fly with has pretty much one of everything.

Side by sides are targets...just sayin

(559),..352--6145

Brad,

I live in Sierra Sky Park in NW Fresno.

Call when you get into town, we'll get you up in whatever you'd like to try. The formation group I am honored to fly with has pretty much one of everything.

Side by sides are targets...just sayin

(559),..352--6145

I'm gonna take you up on that. Just let me know what a proper compensation should be.

I do not have anything flying yet, but if your interested in bucking some rivets, hit me up...

Two of my good friends (one of them a U-2 driver), fly Rockets.... Make SURE you get some time in one of those as well. It may change your whole outlook.

From an old country farmer with a couple thousand hrs in rv4-6 and 7, I can't see you, a fighter jock, in anything but a center line seat RV.. Anyway, if you get back to Colorado and have a few minutes, shoot me a message and I will line you with a couple of retired Navy types, A6 and FA18 drivers that will convince you of the folly of your ways.....Dave

I suspect the A6 driver might not feel the way you assume he does about tandem aircraft :)

Back