What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RE: Dynon Oil Temp Probe Info

fstringham7a

Well Known Member
RE: Dynon Oil Temp Probe Info

I have been in talks today with Dynon about my long time problem of getting good oil temp reading/oil temp probe that works. Below you will find an email from Kirk who is a CFII and Dynon's Sales Account Manager. After he talked with the tech's and explained to them my problems I have had with their single wire probe and the GRT two wire probe they suggested the following:

Hi Frank,

Here are the other 2-wire Oil Temp sensors we recommend you give a try:

- Westach Part. No. 299S9 (5/8-19 UNF - $45.25) -- Select "Sensor. Part No. Is really 399S9 ....
Type 9" on EMS-D10, EMS-D120, FlightDEK-D180

- UMA Part No. 1B3 (5/8-19 UNF - $45.25) -- Select "Sensor Type 10"
on EMS-D10, EMS-D120, FlightDEK-D180

Please note, you likely need to upgrade to the most recent firmware
(5.4) in order to have these higher-numbered "sensor types" available
for selection. I believe these sensors were not supported in some of
the earlier software versions, though I don't know exactly which
version added their support. It's best to get onto the latest version
in any case.

As always, please call us if you have any more questions.

Regards,

Kirk Kleinholz, CFII
Sales Account Manager
Dynon Avionics
www.DynonAvionics.com
425-368-7167 direct
[email protected]

So I need to make a decision: Give the next GRT (4th one sent) that is now in the mail a try or bite the bullet and order one of the above!!!!!!Leaning to the second choice which will mean an update of the Dynon Software......which is really interesting in that you not allow the computer to lose power which may cause other big problems!!!!!! Wow why can't life be easy. Oh Yea I remember what I told my Chemistry students hundred years ago .... Life is a series of problems and successful people solve their problem successfully:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back