What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV FAST Clinic?

Formation Flying, Inc. I'm not sure if there is a website.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know of an RV FAST clinic coming soon on the West coast? :D

The West Coast FFI Formation Clinic is held in the spring at Madera, CA.

There are plenty of opportunities for formation training prior to the clinic.

Where are you based, and what do you fly?

Tim

FAST is for warbirds only. I think what you want is an FFI clinic.

Incorrect, FAST is not for warbirds only.

There are MANY different kinds of airplanes (and people) that fly under the FAST umbrella. I hold a FAST Flight Lead card and have flown many hours of formation with my F1 Rocket and/or RV under FAST.

Various FAST formation flying classes and weekend clinics are held all over the US with attendees in various aircraft, the Swift folks have a rather large FAST group. As a matter of fact, I rarely see a warbird at the clinics that I've attended :rolleyes:.

You can go here for more info on FAST:

http://www.flyfast.org/content/formation-and-safety-team

I'm sure if you google 'FFI' you'll find plenty of reading and possibly a clinic coming your way that you could sign up for.

You can learn a great deal about formation flying with either group. I wouldn't say one is 'better' than the other but I would venture to say that most RV types are flying under FFI, and some (many) hold cards with both organizations. The important thing is to learn as much as you can and get lots of practice from people you respect and trust.

Incorrect, FAST is not for warbirds only.

There are MANY different kinds of airplanes (and people) that fly under the FAST umbrella. I hold a FAST Flight Lead card and have flown many hours of formation with my F1 Rocket and/or RV under FAST.
That was exactly my understanding as well. But honestly I haven't dug very deeply to see who changed what since I drifted away from some of my old CAF acquaintances 5-6 yrs ago. Thanks for confirming!

FAST or FFI Clinic

I have an RV6. I was thinking of the FAST card because I will be flying with warbirds, especially AT6's.

Back