What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Any PIREP on Stanley Idaho airport

dabney

Well Known Member
Friend
AFD reports that runway is about half asphalt and half dirt

Looking for any recent pilot reports on runway conditions, approach and departure suggestions

Take a look at googleearth and you'll see that the paved section is substantially longer than needed for an RV.

I have flown in and out of there a number of times with my -4 and -6; never came close to using all of the paved portion.

Have breakfast at the Stanley Baking Company and Cafe. Get some pancakes, they are delicious. Just be sure, unless you are famished, to get a short stack, as each cake is the size of a full dinner plate!!

I've been a passenger there a few times with the local bush pilots; great strip. Really open sky around the field not a canyon situation like Upper Loon Creek. No jets though!

It is really beautiful in Stanley. Good food, great fishing and hiking. Im not sure about the smoke but it was clear in the Boise area today and the mountains looked pretty good too. I have friends in McCall. I will check with them if you want.

Back