What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

USPS Shipping Woes - Blackstone Labs

Onewinglo

I checked USPS tracking to see if my oil sample ever made it to Blackstone. It was tracked to New Orleans then fell off the map at that point. I generated a customer service request Monday evening to see if it could be located. I got a call from the USPS Fort Wayne office today and the lady explained postal workers mistakenly stop the package thinking it does not comply with USPS regulations. She said the Fort Wayne facility constantly sends out notices explaining the package is compliant.... She said the package will eventually make its way to Blackstone. She also said its very difficult to get the notice to the correct person in a large facility like New Orleans. (They have no way of knowing who the correct person is.)
She recommend mailing the Blackstone sample inside a cardboard box to avoid this all to common problem.

Last edited:
USPS not Blackstone Issue...

Might the title of this thread be tweaked to shift the at-a-glance issue to the USPS versus Blackstone?

...She recommend mailing the Blackstone sample inside a cardboard box to avoid this all to common problem.
This is probably a good tip. I don't think it will change the cost much since I believe it's mainly based on weight. My guess is that the USPS gets very few bottles of liquid to process. They seem to like letters and boxes.

Back