What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Altanta FSDO

rwayne

Well Known Member
Has anyone in the Georgia area gone to Atlanta FSDO to get your repairmans certificate recently? Should I prepare of anything other than the required paperwork?

I went there last December and brought everything under the sun with me. The previous appointment ran late and it was getting close to lunch time. He didn't look at anything! Took about a half hour to do the paper work. Nice view of the planes landing at ATL from their conference rooms. I took my log books and photos.

You might be able to get the certificate through the mail

I called the Atlanta FISDO from south Georgia and was very pleasantly surprised when he suggested that if I dropped the paper work in the mail, he would send the repairman's certificate back to me in the mail..which he did!
He even said he didn't want to make a south Georgia hick like me having to drive through Atlanta traffic :D

I was required to drive in

I was required to drive in last year when I applied. They have so many examiners that you may or may not be assigned one with much experience with the repairman certificate. My examiner had never done one before seemed to be very careful to get the forms filled out correctly. I had to leave my builers log with him but it was returned by mail in about a week.

I also enjoyed visiting the facitility, but of course don't like the traffic either.

2 years ago

I called and got my repairman cert over the phone. Super nice gentleman receive all the paper work, including a copy of my previous Long EZ repairman certificate from 1984 and forwarded me the RV9 repairman certificate. I still don't know how to get to that office!

Took one trip and few phone calls

I made an apointment and went to the ATL office. The guys were very helpful and interested in the plane. Did not get the official card after a month or so, so I called them. They tracked down the paperwork problem and got me my plastic card.

I was there several years ago to get a repairman's certificate for my -7.

I carried a builder log and pictures.

About all he wanted was a picture of some airplane parts with you in the picture amongst them.

Made a copy of my picture ID and kept a couple of pictures and I was out of there.

Worst part was driving to College Park.

Ya'll Georgia boys need to count yourself lucky. Over here in Alabama they're making us drive to the Birmingham FSDO.

I was there several years ago to get a repairman's certificate for my -7.

I carried a builder log and pictures.

About all he wanted was a picture of some airplane parts with you in the picture amongst them.

Made a copy of my picture ID and kept a couple of pictures and I was out of there.

Worst part was driving to College Park.

They moved last December and they are east of KATL now. Maximum security gates. Our tax dollars being wasted.

Back