What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynon HDX flight director bars tumbled

Bsquared

Well Known Member
Last week I installed a knob control panel in my flying 14A and test flew it….checked out great and I can’t believe I did not install one when I built the panel. This morning after establishing my climb and heading I turned on the autopilot. The airplane immediately rolled hard right and I jumped on the AP disconnect. After my blood pressure settled I noticed that the flight director bars we floating around on the screen almost like a tumbled gyro on an analog panel. On the ground I did an autopilot servo check and it passed. I then turned on the autopilot and the flight director bars were where the should be. Is this a problem with the knob panel that I installed, the ADAHRS or the autopilot panel?

I think I sorted it out. I removed, inspected and reinstalled all of the d-sub connectors that I had messed with when I put in the knob panel and I deleted and reinstalled the panel in the Skyview network……seems to be working now. I will test fly again in the morning.

Back