What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Oil Pressure woes

edstepec

Let me ask all you before I start ordering stuff. My Vans oil pressure gauge is stuck on 50 PSI soon as I turn master switch on and then after engine start, stays at 50. My RMI gauge correctly shows varying oil pressure. IS this a VANS oil pressure sending unit issue or a gauge issue? thank you all

Oil Pressure Problems

About 3 flight hours ago my OP gauge (Van's 2 1/4") started to red line then would return to normal for awhile before climbing again. I checked wiring and found no problem. Van's can no longer get those gauges but they still carry the sender which meant replacing that was my only option. I replaced it, flight tested it and got a high reading at first then it settled down and has been reading good since. I believe air in the lines had to be worked out of the system after replacing the sender but everything appears okay.

Dick DeCramer
Faribault, MN
N500DD RV6 17 years flying, All steam gauge since that is all we had!

About 3 flight hours ago my OP gauge (Van's 2 1/4") started to red line then would return to normal for awhile before climbing again. I checked wiring and found no problem. Van's can no longer get those gauges but they still carry the sender which meant replacing that was my only option. I replaced it, flight tested it and got a high reading at first then it settled down and has been reading good since. I believe air in the lines had to be worked out of the system after replacing the sender but everything appears okay.

Dick DeCramer
Faribault, MN
N500DD RV6 17 years flying, All steam gauge since that is all we had!

Gauges read pressure. It can't tell the difference between oil, fuel, water, air or steam.

Back