What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Help with configurations

Veetail88

Well Known Member
Wondering if anyone would be so kind as to provide the answers I need regarding configuring all my avionics.

I built my 8 several years ago now and everything's been fine, but I recently bought an IFD 440 to add to the stack.

When I originally built, I'd purchased a GNS 430, Advanced Flight Systems branded TruTrak auto pilot, a GTX 327, a GMA 240 audio panel an AFS4500 EFIS and an ARINC 429 converter.

Sometime between building and wiring the instrument panel and first flight, for financial reasons, I sold the GNS 430 and have been flying without for 7 years.

Well now I have the IFD 440 slid into the 430 tray and I have to configure everything to talk to each other, and frankly, I'm struggling. I'm not sure what values to set which configuration items to in the IFD, how to configure the other items it's talking to, or even what data is being transferred on each wire and why?

I've set up a drop box at

https://app.box.com/s/2whituo9oeig34dx3niwdvnlvb5mrojp

There are a couple files there, one is the original schematic for the interconnect wires and the other is a spreadsheet listing each wire, what it's connected to on each end, and the way each pin is described for the corresponding unit.

If someone would be so kind to take a look at it and fill in the configuration settings for each I would be greatful.

The guys at AFS are pretty familiar with interface set-ups to Avidyne boxes. I am sure they would be willing to help.

Back