What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

W-415 wing tip wedge for lights

penguin

Well Known Member
I'm looking for a wedge that fits the W-415 wingtip to enable a combined nav/strobe light unit to mounted vertically. Anyone know if these are still available?
Pete

Pete,

Are you referring to the lenses used on the early RV4s & Rv6s? They came with both lenses molded as one piece and had to be cut apart? If so, I may be able to help.

C. Smith
RV4 serial #68

If you're talking about these, I have looked high and low and haven't been able to find them. If you find any, let me know too!

32115243180_77a1300cd8_c.jpg

Ken W.

If you're talking about these, I have looked high and low and haven't been able to find them. If you find any, let me know too!

32115243180_77a1300cd8_c.jpg

Ken,

These are still available, I will PM you the source and contact information

J.

Please PM me also!
I have made some in the past but these are for another airplane, aim is to be out for minimum time...
Thanks., Peter

Are you referring to the lenses used on the early RV4s & Rv6s? They came with both lenses molded as one piece and had to be cut apart? If so, I may be able to help.
That's not what the original poster wanted, but that's something i'm looking for. If you have a source (or a new set laying around that you don't need) let me know.

Here is the name & number for the light mounts:

Edward Reicher
507-635-5976

Last set I purchased he was thinking to stop production however he did make me a pair.

Best
J.

now's the time

Here is the name & number for the light mounts:

Edward Reicher
507-635-5976

Last set I purchased he was thinking to stop production however he did make me a pair.

Best
J.

You may want to get in touch with Edward Reicher now rather than later. I have the impression he makes these intermittently, he has a day job and now that hunting and holidays are over he's going to make me a pair. Perhaps he's in a production mode at the moment.

I've seen a pair, they are excellent quality and weigh 2 oz each. Ed makes two sizes, large and small... nav/strobe/tail and nav/strobe respectively. Legacy Wheelen footprint from the incandescent/zenon days; same as the AeroLEDS I have and hopefully other brands also.

Ed provides installation instructions; installation is from inside the wingtip.

Ed's email is [email protected]

Last edited:
Back