What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Aerosport Products: RV-10 Baggage Door and Door Handles

ScottSchmidt

Well Known Member
Aerosport Products: RV-10 Baggage Door and Door Handles and PS Eng. 8000BT Upgrade

I'm sure we all have the same story when it comes to our RV's, they just keep getting better and better the more we fly, learn and add to our planes. I can honestly say that each time I go up I enjoy the plane more, especially when we make those fun improvements and additions. I recently upgraded to the Bose A20's, the PS Engineering 8000BT (Bluetooth) so I can sync up my iPhone and iPad for music and movies and added two new products from Geoff's company, Aerosport Products. Aerosport Products

Door handle Covers:
I saw Geoff's plane at Oshkosh and really liked his door handle covers on the inside, it gives the plane a finished, factory look. He makes them in two colors, medium gray and light tan. I installed the medium gray handles.
Each handle took approximately 12 minutes to install.
These are so simple to install and come with great instructions there is not much to talk about.
For alignment, I slid the top section of the cover on about half way so I could align both the bottom and the top when installing the screws.

1229578316_teqnB-L.jpg

Here are my before and after pictures.
Before:
1229578187_KcvLa-L.jpg

After:
1229496464_YYdxr-L.jpg

I think it really makes the plane look nice inside.
1229496246_tmqhC-X2.jpg

1229496711_65pzm-X2.jpg

Summary: The door handles look great and are easy to install. They are thicker handles and don't allow you grab the whole handle. If your fingers are big you may not get them between the handle and the door. You just learn to grab the outside of the handles and it is no problem.

Last edited:
Aerosport Products: RV-10 Baggage Door and Door Handle Covers

Baggage Door Cover:
I did not get a before picture here but only had a piece of carpet covering the door. Traveling around I am always grabbing for my fuel tester and low-profile wheel chocks. With the baggage cover from Aerosport, I now have a place to put both items.

The installation is very straight forward. I removed my carpet and ended up cutting a small piece out to glue inside of the compartment. You peal back the industrial grade double sided tape and stick it on. The shock is attached to a small bracket that is screwed to the cross brace behind the rear passenger seats and to a nicely machined part that is pop riveted to the door. Just follow the instructions and you will have no problem. When ever you add larger baggage you want the door to open all the way maximizing the width. To accomplish this, you simply pull the pin. With the door closed, there is always pressure on the pin so it will not come out in flight. I might even trim it down but it gives me a nice place to grab it.

Here are some install and final pictures.
1229580512_nqLsj-X2.jpg

1229497210_brd9Z-X2.jpg

1229497487_XmUZG-X2.jpg

Summary: Again this mod is very easy to install and really adds that "Cirrus" look. The compartment is wide enough to hold both chocks, fuel tester and an extra quart of oil.

Thanks for the great products Aerosport!

Last edited:
Update: PS Engineering

I wanted to post a quick update now that I have a trip with the new audio panel with bluetooth. I purchased the 8000BT to replace my 8000B. The only difference is the ability to connect bluetooth devices to it. We took the plane to Mexico again and had a blast with the ability to make phone calls and stream music from my iPhone and iPad with no problems.

The phone works amazing, no one knows I am even in a plane. It would be very handy to call FSS and get clearance if needed from a non-towered airport. I could say more but Tim did a great write-up on it so I have attached the link.

Anyway, it was an upgrade that I was not sure if would be worth the money but we are very happy we did that one.

http://www.myrv10.com/N104CD/upgrades/20110425/index.html

telephone sidetone

Scott:
Do you hear a sidetone (yourself speaking) on telephone calls on the 8000BT? There is no sidetone on the 9000EX making telephone calls difficult.
Thanks.

Wayne

Yes...

The phone conversations are very clear and you can hear yourself, much like using the intercom. The first time I used it I didn't think the phone had made a connection and I was still talking via intercom! I use it all the time to get a clearance on the ground at remote airports.

Vic

Yes

Yes, I have sidetone. It is amazing how clear it is.
PS Engineering has said Apple changes their protocol from time to time and I bet you just need to send it in to be upgraded. I would give them a call and let them know what version you have. Sounds like I will be doing the same if I upgrade my phone or possibly the software.

Scott:
Do you hear a sidetone (yourself speaking) on telephone calls on the 8000BT? There is no sidetone on the 9000EX making telephone calls difficult.
Thanks.

Wayne

Back