What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Lord Mounts

330Jock

Well Known Member
OK guys & gals, calling on the brain trust. Looking to buy Lord Mounts for my Thunderbolt YIO-360 M1B on my RV-7A with new engine mount and new nose gear. All the research I can find calls out for the Lord J-9613-40 or -49. Lord catalog says that the -40 and -49 are identical but there is a $50 difference in price. My research doesn't include the new engine mount, but I'm assuming it is the same. These things are a fortune, so I don't want to make a mistake. Thanking you ahead of time for helping me out.

I used the -40 on my build. They have been working fine for me. Cheapest I found them was at Herber Aircraft Service. $152.20 a pop but that was two years ago.

I also used the -40 and it installed without a problem, haven't flown yet though. If you're not going to order the van's bolt kit, make sure to get the extra washers for the lower mount between the mount and engine case.

By the way, the cheapest J-9613-40 mounts I could find were $189.95 at Chief Aircraft Inc. What are these things made out of gold? Wow!

By the way, the cheapest J-9613-40 mounts I could find were $189.95 at Chief Aircraft Inc. What are these things made out of gold? Wow!

Did you happen to give Herber a try? I ask because I tried contacting them about 6 months ago and didn't hear back.

Back