What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

BorrowedHorse

Jaypratt

Well Known Member
Mentor
RV Central News!

My 2007 RV8 ?Borrowed Horse? has been gone for a year now. After 750 hours of pure fun flying, I still miss having that plane. So,,,,
I am building again. I found a Fuselage and Empenage Kit close enough to take a look at. The construction / workmanship are perfect as can be. I bought it. It?s here now and I?m on it.
It will need a wing kit and it came with a Show Planes Fast Back Kit that I will not use. It?s Uncrated and un touched....
So excited to have another RV! This will be my 5th personal RV build.
Reserved N6YH will be on the new ?Borrowed Horse?
N6 Yah Hoo!!!

Congratulations, Jay! How exciting. I can't wait to get to that place myself -- that is, looking at a new project in the barn. :D

BHII

'Borrowed Horse II'

Outstanding news Jaybird!!!! I miss seeing you in an -8. Something about the world isn't right when an -8 isn't parked near you.

Congrats Jay,

It will be interesting to see your progress and the new colors you and Carol select!

Hope to come up soon and show you my new ride.

Carl

gyrocapt.jpg

BH,Jr.

Great news, Jay! Glad to hear you will soon have another RV-8...wait, I better get going and get mine done! It's been too long since we spoke last - I will have to call or pay you a visit and see the new project!

Nice! Have you been sitting on the N6YH reservation or did you luck into it by beating the scoundrels who poach short N numbers?

Congrats Jay! I didn't know you sold it. Such a beautiful airplane.
I'm sure this one will be as beautiful as the last one. I'll look forward to seeing it at OshKosh 2021

Here I am trying very hard to build one airplane and you are building your 5th. Respect.
Ummm! Just so everyone can fully appreciate Jaybird?s position in this life, this is by far not just the 5th airplane Jay has built. Maybe he will chime in and disclose the actual number. Lets just say, it is by multiples of many 10s more than 5!

Can?t wait to see it Jay. If you want any help with the panel give me a call.

#s

I have had N6YH reserved 22 years. Almost lost it when the renewal was lost mail.
Steve, knows that over 50 RV kits have been completed in my shop. I don?t do much else except fly, and build RV kits. It?s a way of life.

I'm so happy for you Jay! I knew you couldn't stay away for long 😂 I promise I've been taking good care of Borrowed Horse #1 and flying as much as possible! Can't wait to see how the new RV-8 comes out

Back