What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Engine driven fuel pump

dan carley

Well Known Member
How many pounds does a mechanical
Engine fuel pump put out
I’m not sure if it’s the fuel sensor or the fuel
Pump. It a will vary from .5 to 4 lbs But the engine is running
Good
I have a dynon ems
Thank you
Dan

Use a good quality guage along side the e sensor and see if anything looks different. Do this as a ground maintenance test. Sensors do have problems . Also check for good clean ground on the sensor itself.

The non-fuel injected engine-driven pump puts out 4-6 psi, the fuel injected version puts out 25-30 psi.

min pressure

0.5 psi is the minimum I believe. I wouldn't be happy with that and would prefer to see 3-5 psi.
What pressure do you get with the boost pump on?
Even if engine runs smoothly at cruise setting in level flight (assumed) the pump must be adequate for full power in climb attitude.

Pressure

That's normal, Danny. Mine and all the other carb RV's around our local area indicate extremely low pressure in the climb without the electric pump on. I leave my electric pump on until level off but it runs fine if I don't. Everyone I know that has a carb has asked the same question so I'd just not worry about it. I think at climb power as the altitude goes up, the pressure is below the sender's accurate sensing range, but that's just my guess.

Just FYI

My Vans sensor/ gauge would read .? To 4psi. I replaced with UMA sensor and gauge and get 4 to 7 psi. Nothing changed and engine runs great, so go figure 😒

Fuel sensor

It turned out I cleaned all the
Terminals on the sensor
Working well but still going to replace it
Thanks
Danny

Back