What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Bose A20's VS Zulu.2

jordan

I am debating on getting the Bose A20's and the Lightspeed Zulu.2

Any recommendation on which one to buy and why one over the other.

Thanks everyone

Bose A20

I have both Zulu's and both Bose in my 10. The A20 are the quiestest of all 4 headsets with great clarity. My wife wears them and I steal them when I can.

I've had them both. I think the A20 is better than the orginal Zulu but I like the Zulu.2 a little bit better than the A20.

However, the Zulu.2 is mainly for my wife and doesn't get a lot of use. My primary headset is Clarity Aloft (pro version). I sold my A20's and got the CA's - mainly because they are a lot cooler in the hot Texas summer.

I'll wear the Zulu.2 now and then in the winter.

I have a pair Bose A20's and the original Zulu's and I think the biggest factor is which one fits your head better.

Before building my RV, I was a bit of an audiophile I really did not want to buy anything from Bose, as any of their speakers, etc. that I have looked at appeared very overpriced for what you were getting.

However, the A20's fit my head much better than the Zulu's did........

At the end of the day, I'd try and find a pair of each to try on and buy which ever one fits/seals better.

Jason

I have one of each. I think they are both very close to the same quality, I think the A20 is somewhat more comforable, but the Zulu.2 clearer. The A20 storage case is much smaller than the Zulu.2 which makes it better for packing around.

Lightspeed promotes bluetooth audio recording on an iPhone/iPad App they have, but I can't get it to work as advertised, which is frustrating.

Zulu.2 price is better than the A-20. I don't think you'd be disappointed in either in their functional use.

Which do I prefer.... not really sure. Pros & cons for both.

Well I just ordered the Bose A20's and hopefully I made a smart decision. You do get a free flight bag with it also :).

Not sure if I should have waited for the new Lightspeed Zulu PFX or not. They say they are suppose to be the quietest on the market. They dont release until the end of September though.

One reason I went with the Bose of the original Zulu.2 is that they were a lot sleaker and not so big looking on your head.

Any input would be great on this.

Thanks

I never thought there would be a better headset than the Bose X, then my boss replaced them with A20's. :eek:Wow:eek:. Absofreakinglutley amazing. The bluetooth to the cell phone is pretty cool too.

Bottom line is that there are people that swear by both (I have my favorite, too). If you're going to spend that much money, you owe it to yourself to try them both.

-Rob

??

Three hours and fifteen minutes under my Zulu's from Key West and still comfortable. Our wives in the rear were wearing my original Bose's and they were happy too...take your pick.

Best,

bose vs zulu

I also have both started with two Bose. They are very comfortable and quiet. Bought Zulu to try and my wife likes the Zulu better and I like the Bose. It really is a personal thing. So I use the Bose and the wifey uses the Zulu. Check em out before you buy.

Go to your store of choice, try on both pairs and see which one you like better. Just from playing with them in the store, I thought the passive noise reduction was better on the Zulu.2. (one day you will forget your spare set of batteries). Maybe somebody who owns both will know if that's the same in the plane?

When I bought my Zulu.2, it was on sale and $300 cheaper than the bluetooth A20, so that influenced my decision a bit.

I've also heard good things about the Sennheiser S1.

Back