What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Cargo net source?

Flying Scotsman

Well Known Member
Anyone have a good source for cargo netting? I have 6 hard points in the baggage area - front and rear right side, front and rear left side, and front and rear inboard of the footprint of the smoke tank mount I made (so that I can secure items either with the tank in or out).

Just wondering if someone had a good vendor for some sort of netting (bungee, etc.).

TIA!

Steve

Good question.......

I was just starting to think about the same. I need to buy some before the Thanksgiving time frame.

Look for automotive accessories

There was a really great net in the trunk of a E39 model BMW 520 I once owned and I held on to it for this very purpose. I bet they are still available from the BMW accessory catalogue and probably in aftermarket automotive accessory stores also.

Loman beat me to the automotive suggestion... Most cars now have an accessory that's a Cargo Net, a nicely dressed and finished net with usually 4 but sometimes 6 clips on the perimeter. Check your favorite local dealership, they're usually pretty cheap. The net in my Mazda 3 looks to be about the perfect size, but I use it so much in the car that I couldn't take it for the plane... :)

That being said, for 90% of my flying the two Bison Mountain bags that fit behind the seats carry everything I want... I rarely have baggage in the baggage compartment otherwise.

REI

Check REI for Yakima or Thule cargo nets meant to hold things on your roof rack. They come in a variety of sizes, and you should be able to find one that will fit.

Automotive Cargo net...

I wonder why no one mentioned eBay? I got a net from a full sized station wagon for my Skyhawk, and it worked GREAT for $10.00

Just search cargo net.

Read careful and pay attention to the pictures. I used a six anchor that was not a bungee.

Dkb

:eek:

Back