What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dual Dynon D-180?

Tcheairs

Well Known Member
I'm currently running a D-180 as my primary EFIS and a D-100 as primary EMS. However when I switch my D-100 to an EFIS mode there is no "horizon" visible and I am unable to adjust it to a level flight picture with the setup menu. I have a spare D-180 and I was wondering if it would be possible to use it in tandem with my primary D-180 as a backup for AHRS info. I would of course not be able to have the full screen EMS display with the backup D-180.

Comments. Or, does anyone know where I could purchase a used D-100. Dynon no longer supports or services these units..

Thanks

D180/D100 Setup

I have the same D180/D100 setup. The D180 is designated as the Master source for all data. The D100 is essentially only a display for D180 data.

That EMS data you see on the D100 is coming from the D180. The D100 has no EMS capabilities. The D100 display is configured to display that data in several forms, as well as any EFIS data generated by the D180.

Long press the D100 #6 button (far right), and the list of display options should appear. On screen cues for scrolling and selection of views should be there as well.

The install manuals for the D180/D100 units are readily available for download from the Dynon website. For your situation the D180 publication is all you need. The manual has detailed descriptions for setting up your screens and how to turn on and off the various display options.

See it any of this works for you. I’ll follow this thread to see how it works out, but we can take this offline if you want to PM me with questions.

David, thanks for you response to my post. I understand that all of the EMS data I see on the D-100 is controlled and setup through the D-189. My problem is that when I cycle my D-100 to the EFIS screen (so that the copilot can have an attitude reference, there is no horizon bar, thus no attitude reference. I have tried to adjust this on the ground through the 'setup" menu on the D-100 but am unable to get an artificial horizon bar. Are you saying that the EFIS settings should be made through the D-180 EFIS settings menu. My D-180 EFIS is indicating correctly in flight and on the ground as far as attitude, (pitch and roll)..

The way my installation works, what is displayed on the D100 screen is controlled by the D100 screen setup (long press #6 button), even though the data itself comes from the D180. That’s why you can see EMS info from the D180 on the D100 screen (the D100 itself has no EMS capability). You should be able to select an EFIS view on the D100 that mirrors what you see on the D180. I cannot explain why you are not seeing an attitude display on the D100, other than perhaps a screen decluttering setting somewhere else in the D100 setup.

Back