What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Berringer Nosewheel Maintenance

jwilbur

Well Known Member
I have a berringer nose wheel on my RV10. I'm doing my first annual. Anybody know if there is any special maintenance task or special inspections necessary on this nose wheel? I've searched through the Berringer documentation and don't see anything. So is there anything to do beyond the obvious, i.e., Axle bolt torque, check for tire wear, check psi? These wheels have sealed bearings so I don't believe repacking with grease is necessary, correct?

Not that I have anything to add to your question, other than as far as I understand you just want to check the bearings to make sure they still feel smooth, but they are not serviceable.

I am curious as well if anyone has had to replace there bearings and if so how much time they had on them? I had posted this same question about a month ago and no one had any input.

Lynn

4 years and no maintenance so far. Although one time I attempted to purchase the spare parts to have on hand in the event I need to change out the tire and recall it was difficult to source the parts from aircraft spruce. Even they couldn?t say exactly what was needed or provide the part numbers for purchase. I recall thinking the heck with it, i?d Just buy a whole new wheel and tire when the time comes. At a minimum I recall a new O-Ring is required when reassembling the two wheel halves.

Back