What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Golf course?

rvdave

Well Known Member
Looking for fly-to golf courses that are walking or short distances from an airport in Midwest, Michigan, Ohio, Wisconsin, or Kentucky, Tennessee even. Based in northern Michigan we take our 10 with 4 adults, day bags with clubs and half tanks right at gross weight so looking for within 3 hours preferrably.

North Louisiana?

How about north Louisiana near Arcadia. The name of the course is Trails End. 5F0 is located at the center of the golf course between the front 9 and the back 9. The north end of the runway is just a short walk from the clubhouse. I've played the course a few times but haven't flown in. Greens fee with cart was less than $30. Not much sand, but lots of slope by Louisiana standards. And, there are several water hazards. No homes on the course just woods.. Arcadia is the town where Bonnie and Clyde were ambushed.

Also, check out Hot Springs Village, AR. They're famous for multiple courses and excellent bentgrass greens. There's a Hertz rental desk in the Hot Springs terminal. I've never played there, but have heard good things. It's on my bucket list.

John

Last edited:
Voyager Village

It’s in Northern WI, near Danbury. Strip right on the course. Google it, they list the pertinent details on their website.

KATW - Appleton WI

Chaska golf course nearly on the airport

Winagamie golf course just a smidge farther but within 2 miles of the airport

More than 20 golf courses in the Brainerd Lakes area of Minnesota (about 90 minute fight from Houghton). If you want the widest choice, fly into KBRD and rent a car. Otherwise, Cragun’s Legacy courses are right across the street from the Gull Lake airport 9Y2, or Deacons Lodge (outstanding) right next to Breezy Point 8MN3 (call airport first).

The #1 Golf Course in the country is right next to 19N. The question is: what is your handicap?

Looking for fly-to golf courses that are walking or short distances from an airport in Midwest, Michigan, Ohio, Wisconsin, or Kentucky, Tennessee even. Based in northern Michigan we take our 10 with 4 adults, day bags with clubs and half tanks right at gross weight so looking for within 3 hours preferrably.

KJVL Janesville, WI, has a course next the the airport, you can walk to it.
C77 Poplar Grove IL, has a course just to the south of the runway.
C02 Grand Geneva Resort (Lake Geneva WI) resort with 2 courses, many more in the area as well.
C59 Lake Lawn Resort (Delavan WI) resort with course, runway is sketchy but I saw it was closed yesterday and there were trucks on the runway so it may be under repair.

I don’t play so I can’t recommend one over another.

Have fun!

Golf

Don't know if it's a little too eastward for you, KFVX Farmvile regional is adjacent to the town's municipal 9 hole corse

Back