What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

PAPR question - component fail

MacCool

Well Known Member
RV-9A with Uavionix EchoUAT for ADS-B, Garmin 430W GPS and GTX327 transponder.

I recently upgraded my AFS 4500 EFIS to a 5400. In so doing, I had to install a remote ADAHRS behind the luggage compartment in the usual place and therefore had to "T" into the pitot and static lines and run new AOA tubing in the wing from the Dynon pitot, as well as cap the old pitot-static tubing that previously had gone to the 4500 EFIS. I did subsequently have an avionics tech do a leak test, and it did fail for IFR, but he said fine for VFR.

All other parameters of the PAPR were a clear pass. Does this 25% failure of Barometric altitude reporting reflect that new pitot-static leak?

Attachments

• PAPR.JPG
    PAPR.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 84
No that means the baro data is missing or invalid 25% of the transmissions. Invalid means corrupted data, not static error.

https://uavionix.com/articles/echouat-transponder-threshold-adjustment/

this is the adjustment you'll need to perform. I see you're in my area which means you'll likely want to do it in flight as not many places have radar coverage on the ground around here. Also, make sure you're flying high enough for your test flight to have solid radar coverage. Per the above link you want to make sure all fields are populated on the EchoUAT app and you should be good.

Last edited:
RV-9A with Uavionix EchoUAT for ADS-B, Garmin 430W GPS and GTX327 transponder.

All other parameters of the PAPR were a clear pass. Does this 25% failure of Barometric altitude reporting reflect that new pitot-static leak?

All has worked well before, or is this a new install?

https://uavionix.com/articles/echouat-transponder-threshold-adjustment/

this is the adjustment you'll need to perform. I see you're in my area which means you'll likely want to do it in flight as not many places have radar coverage on the ground around here. Also, make sure you're flying high enough for your test flight to have solid radar coverage. Per the above link you want to make sure all fields are populated on the EchoUAT app and you should be good.

Super helpful, thanks. This may indeed be an app setting problem. This PAPR was on a flight from KBRD to Anoka on Sunday. Four mile visibility due to smoke. I never really got above 3500-4000 feet, but MPSL Center had a good fix. I fly west toward Alex a lot and coverage is indeed spotty in those parts.

All has worked well before, or is this a new install?

In retrospect, everything has been working fine until I re-installed the Uavionix app.

Back