What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

FlightBox ADS-B - Update - New Web Store

ssokol

Well Known Member
Sponsor
A quick update on FlightBox ADS-B, the $200/$250 quick-build kit for the Stratux system. The Kickstarter campaign ended about two weeks ago with 344 backers and $77k in funding. We've ordered and received some of the parts already. We should receive the money from Kickstarter this week, which will allow us to order the rest. We're expecting to be able to deliver all of the Kickstarter pre-orders in March.

I've had several people ask if we're still taking orders for FlightBox - YES! We opened a web store which you can get to here: http://store.openflightsolutions.com/

Orders placed today will go out in late March or very early April. We have enough of the long lead-time parts (the cases and GPS modules) that we should be able to get caught up by the end of March, after which we will have FlightBox units in stock. We're also offering just the case and fan for the DIYers.

Thanks to everyone from Vansairforce who ordered during the Kickstarter and helped make FlightBox a succes. I really appreciate the vote of confidence and look forward to getting your receiver to you as soon as possible.

Welcome to VAF!

Steven, welcome aboard the good ship VAF.

Best of luck with the new business:D

I'm one of the Kickstart Pledges, #307 or there about of the 344.
This my first participation in a crowd funded enterprise.
I'm excited to get going on this, my first Raspberry Pi project. I have made Heathkits and fixed tube radios etc, but I should have kept up. Now I can start to catch up and my wife can use it to see where I am when we fly our RVs together ;)
Steven;
Frequent updates on progress toward delivery would be great!

Congrats on the strong initial showing and thank you again for being a VAF advertiser, Steven.
v/r,
dr

Back