What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Spinner Plate - do I need these

steve997

I'm going with the Hartzell composite prop which comes with it's own aluminum spinner. Hence, I need to delete the fibreglass spinner (S-601-1) from the FWF kit .

Do I also need to delete the S-602-1 (Spinner Backplate), S-602B (Backplate Doubler) and 603 (Spinner Bulkhead) ?

I've asked Vans but no reply, hence hoping I can get some answers here.

You should ask the people that are supplying your new spinner if they include any of those parts. The spinner has to attach to something and its the backplate and forward bulkhead. If you need the Van's backplate you most likely need the doubler as well.

The Hartzell will come complete if ordered with spinner.
You won’t need any of the Vans spinner parts.

The Hartzell spinner is complete, but you will need something to reference when you fit the top cowling. I bought a regular backplate for that.

The Hartzell spinner is complete, but you will need something to reference when you fit the top cowling. I bought a regular backplate for that.

But don’t. The Van’s backplate may be in a different postion relative to the rear of the spinner than the Hartzell spinner.

Use the backplate that comes with the Hartzell spinner to fit the cowl. I mounted this backplate on an old Hartzell hub to make sure it perfectly represented the final install. If you can’t get your hands on an old hub just use the prop (but pad the blades as you will walk into them).

Carl

Back