What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Ellison TBI problems

ZemsRV4

Looking for help from anyone who has an Ellison throttle body injector on a Lycoming engine. During run up on takeoffs, my engine is hesitating as it accelerates around 1500-2000 RPM. After a few seconds it catches and accelerates to full power. Only does this on takeoff, not while airborne. Manual says the idle mixture could be too lean. I tried enriching several times and to get any improvement results in an unacceptable idle condition. Another potential problem according to the manual is a clogged spray bar. It seems ok the best I can tell but really need to send in to Ellison to verify. I have placed several calls (only answering machine) and sent emails to them with no replies. Maybe they closed due to the virus but right now I am at a standstill. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Zem

I've seen this before on the Rotec TBI. It has a similar design. each time it was either a clogged spray bar or the last chance filter before the spray bar getting clogged.

Thanks! I did check the filter screen so it must be the spray bar. Unfortunately Ellison is the only service shop for them but their status is unknown.

Back