What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

FAA registration database info

Bsquared

Well Known Member
I had to go into the FAA database today for a work project so while there I looked at the RV-14A/14 data. There are 225 total Rv-14 models with active registrations (does not include foreign registrations) with 159 being 14A models and 66 tail draggers. So 71% of the US fleet are A models.

By comparison there are 1,503 US registered RV-7 aircraft of which 56% are A models. This surprised me a bit. I just assumed that -7 tail draggers were in the majority. The larger number of A’s for the 14 was more in line with my expectations.

Registrations accurate and timely?

Brian while you are tinkering around in their data could you approve a few more pending applications? I applied for transfer of registration on a RV9A on Sep 1st. My check for $5 cleared Sep 7th. The previous owner received a potential California Property Tax Bill in Oct because they Scan FAA Registration DATA Base and see its still unchanged. Wednesday, we called the FAA Registration phone# and the recording says: "We are currently processing applications received on or before July 7th 2021". YIKES !! Who will get hit with the next tax bill? Anyway while you are in there.... Just sayin.. Maybe help them out? :eek:

Brian while you are tinkering around in their data could you approve a few more pending applications? I applied for transfer of registration on a RV9A on Sep 1st. My check for $5 cleared Sep 7th. The previous owner received a potential California Property Tax Bill in Oct because they Scan FAA Registration DATA Base and see its still unchanged. Wednesday, we called the FAA Registration phone# and the recording says: "We are currently processing applications received on or before July 7th 2021". YIKES !! Who will get hit with the next tax bill? Anyway while you are in there.... Just sayin.. Maybe help them out? :eek:

Send me a cashiers check for $500 and I will do absolutely nothing to make your registration move through the system faster….but it will make you feel better because you are being proactive and doing something. I copied this business model from the people who offer to help with the DMV.

Bad news for your former owner: In CA property tax is assessed as of Jan 1. The bills don’t go out until later, depending on the county (I get mine in Aug), but if he was the CA owner on Jan 1 he owes the tax.

Back