What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

F-635 Bell Crank

jask

Well Known Member
The mounting holes for the F-635 bell crank for the attaching bolt were elongated especially on the left side. The nut was tightened to the full extent of the thread, obviously not correct. It is a quick build fuselage, the bolt was correct so the bushings were probably not made to the correct length and movement was allowed. There is a difference in the drawings of the "6" and "7" for the F-635 bell crank.

The "7" drawing shows a specified length for the spacers but the "6" does not. The "7" drawing shows a safety wire and drilled head bolt but does not specify a drilled head bolt. I am riveting a doubler on each side for the bolt mounting, using a drilled head bolt with safety wire and adjusting the spacer length for my doublers. It might be a good idea to check if the bell crank is firmly attached and if not, for wear of the bolt holes for the bell crank during the next inspection.

photo

don't know how to put photos. I am in Ramona. You can come over to see it. 760 443 3087

Back