What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Static lines

Av8torTom

Well Known Member
Happy Holidays Folks,

How are people running their static lines forward (from the static port)? Up the middle or down the sides of the fuselage?

Thanks,

Tom

many options...

Immediately straight up from the port, to reduce water ingestion.
then teed off on pilot side forward along longeron.
seems to be so much competing for the limited space in the 'tunnel', so mine is under the canopy rail forward to panel.
now, in hindsight, this area on occasion seems to be where I want to drill and bolt a fire extinguisher bracket etc....so it might have been safer halfway up the sidewall, shielded thru the baggage compartment, but then under the armrest and so forth.

I guess there's no perfect place!:rolleyes:

On my 7A ( same fuselage as the 9), I ran mine down the left side and under the canopy rail. Drilled a hole in the bulkhead behind the seats. Totally invisible.

I ran mine beneath the baggage floor, then used a 90-degree push-on connector to run it up the center tunnel. Click on the photo, and you should be able to scroll back and forth through the album to see other shots.

Ran it along the longeron under the canopy deck.
c14f54a445a21662f90b22c4f91b0de55132_DSC_0270.JPG

I went along the left longeron and under the left armrest as well.

+1 - Use a "y" connector at the top of the bulkhead for even length between sides, just in case it matters. Also, you can heat the tubing and make short radius bends (beverage can) for more tidy installation if you wish. I only learned that after the aft fuse work.

Back