What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Hats off to the packers

Webb

Well Known Member
Sponsor
If the packers at Vans built an airplane using only duct tape, I swear it would stay together.

I just finishing unpacking a large creat and the contents were so secure that it took me longer to remove the duct tape than unrivet a bunch of parts.

Those folks are good. And I would rather fight that fight than damaged items in shipment.

Thread title made me think you were going to congratulate Green Bay on their bare squeaker of a win over the mighty Vikings last week.:D

I just got some parts/skins yesterday and was very impressed with the packaging. The quality of the duck tape was surprising; it's probably the best quality duck tape I've seen.

And what do you do with the left over crate?

You make some temporary shelves so you can sort the parts you just inventoried so you can find them later. When shelves are empty, discard it.

And I asked and was told the duct tape was Gorilla brand.

Attachments

• 283271C3-0CAD-46BB-B97F-2EC5B1D9665B.jpg
    283271C3-0CAD-46BB-B97F-2EC5B1D9665B.jpg
    317.3 KB · Views: 98
The Van's packers must be Tetris masters. I have no idea how they fit so much stuff into a seemingly small box. It's all well protected too. My finish kit had a forklift poke a hole in the crate. Nothing inside was damaged. A little bit of luck and a lot of protection inside the crate kept everything safe and undamaged.

I concur

The crate guys at Vn's are excellent. When my wings were delivered, ABF dropped them of the forklift (as I watched) as they were coming down the ramp (the wrong way)....

Not a scratch!

Attachments

• DFD928EB-6AFA-43B0-8A8B-EDB740F2AECD.jpg
    DFD928EB-6AFA-43B0-8A8B-EDB740F2AECD.jpg
    588.1 KB · Views: 108
Back