What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Precision Airmotive Eagle EMS Systems - Rally Cry

Gentlemen,
We have an Eagle EMS on an RV-8 with IO-390 and just love the ease of start and the power that the system delivers. All with this great system know that Precision Airmotive discontinued this line due to steep uphill certification battle with the FAA for certified use and thus they marketed to the Experimental market in the mid 2000 era to have a product line to try and eventually get a full up system. We have had good experience with this system over the last year with an occasional error code that was easy to debug and address. We are now working a new issue with switching from primary (left side injector control) to secondary (right channel control) and sorting through the causes which seems to be an intermittent sensor signal (speed sensor, manifold pressure, fuel pressure, cylinder temp, barometric pressure.... ) we need to catch the failure to run this to ground.....

I'm looking for anyone that has and continues to have an Eagle EMS in operation to have a forum to discuss on-going maintenance and trouble shooting, but equally importantly, anyone that may have installed the system but has since reverted to more legacy fuel injection and mags or p-mags and the Eagle hardware may be on a shelf and available for purchase if it is no longer installed. I've been in close contact with Jim Scala who has the system on his RV-6 and bought up the precious few spares when Precision Airmotive discontinued the line. My outreach it so find systems that may be on a shelf so we can continue to have logistical support with Jim's limited spares (1-deep on some components).

Any help / advice desired..... Thanks in advance.

Buddy Denham
RV-4 (running strong)
RV-8 (company chase) - Eagle EMS
Velocity (kit in pieces)

I might be able to put you in touch with a friend who I think is still flying one of these systems. Let me check after the holidays.

Eagle EMS

I have an Eagle EMS flying on an IO-375. I am pretty happy with it, and was very disappointed that Precision decided to stop production and support. I have two additional Eagle EMS systems that I have acquired from others who removed them in order to keep some spare parts around…..

I have an Eagle EMS flying on an IO-375. I am pretty happy with it, and was very disappointed that Precision decided to stop production and support. I have two additional Eagle EMS systems that I have acquired from others who removed them in order to keep some spare parts around…..

Dan, would be willing to sell a speed sensor if we find this to be a problem with our system?

Also, do you have more documentation over the installation guide / theory of operation? I'm working Jim Scala to populate the error codes and for trouble shooting purposes. I've been trying to put better information out there than what is currently available for the available error codes....... you can reach out to me at my personal email [email protected]

Back