What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-10 D-EGTA Club QuickBuild

RV-10 D-Exxx Club QuickBuild

Hi folks,

This is to introduce our project and a bit of ourselves.

We're a club located near the center part of the beautiful Rhein river in Germany. Some time ago, we realized it would be time to have a new 4-seater soon. Budget was limited, choices of aircraft meeting our criteria were near to nothing. After assessing our existing resources and capabilities, our board decided to try and build a kit aircraft of a proven design in a joint effort. It was obvious that a full build would stretch the timeframe into very far future, so the decision was made to order a RV-10 QB kit.

A small taskforce of 5-6 people of different backgrounds was formed and we're working mostly on saturdays to bring everything together. As a general rule, we're putting uncompromised quality over building speed or even cutting any corners. For example we make sure to wear gloves all the time, carefully prime all parts before riveting and yes, we've also reordered and redone some minor parts already where we were not fully certain they would be good enough for installation.

What's the status as of January 2023: Stabilizers, tailcone and most of the rudders are completed, fuselage and wings are sitting in our hanger and the firewall forward kit has been ordered. Most of the interior has been decided about, it will be ordered not too far from now.

Building the instrument panel will also commence in the next weeks, it will be a Garmin G3x touch setup with some bells and whistles.

It is motivating to see what's been accomplished already and we keep focusing on the very next build steps - so let's see what will be there and when.

Photos to follow soon - best wishes to everyone around here.

Last edited:
Congrats! Glad you've taken on the challenge even with the additional challenge of shipping. You'll love your choice of a -10. Wish I had mine over there to get some European flying done. I don't need much of an excuse to head over to Germany so maybe we can work up a visit.

Mike and Joe,

Thank you for the welcome. Didn't expect to meet anyone here sitting within a 500 nm range from our location.

You're welcome to visit our small daytime grass strip, Joe (and whoever else may be within flying distance). Just be aware we're normally open and without landing fees during summer weekends (PPR during off times) and radio language usually is German. You may PM me a couple of days ahead and I'll try to make arrangements if needed and possible.

Talking to builders who have their -10 flying seems a great chance to learn and improve.

Guests may not only see a greenish pile of sheet metal supposed to turn into an aircraft some day but may also enjoy a small lunch or some cake with a refreshment on our terrace on saturdays and sundays.

Last edited:
Back