What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

rv7a gear retrofit

bobair43

If any one is or has done the rv7a nose gear retrofit. What problems have you incured:)

Last edited:
RV7A nosegear

Did this over a year ago per the SB. No great problem encountered. Pretty straightforward procedure. All new parts fitted well and no modification needed. I do not recall any difficulty with the project. Just get everything together and go for it. 5-7 hours should be plenty of time. Surprised if you do not get other response. This was recommended long ago. Antisplat Aero also has kit for the job with very good instructions. :D

Did this over a year ago per the SB. No great problem encountered. Pretty straightforward procedure. All new parts fitted well and no modification needed. I do not recall any difficulty with the project. Just get everything together and go for it. 5-7 hours should be plenty of time. Surprised if you do not get other response. This was recommended long ago. Antisplat Aero also has kit for the job with very good instructions. :D

Did the spinner - cowl orientation come out the same as before the engine mount change? Some spinner - cowl orientations are quite close.

Bevan

I just received a Retro Kit for the 9A rebuild project. It originally had the long engine mount fitted, so, with the retro mount being standard length (distance from the firewall), I am anticipating some cowl work in my future...
Oh, well, I'm good at making things shorter, much easier than the other way around.

Last edited:
Anti-Splat Nose Job 2

I thought about this for a long time with my 7A. Since I have not landed her on a grass runway, yet, I decided to buy the Anti-Splat Nose Job 2 kit, at a cost of $329.00.
Installation was less than 1 hour and adds a lot of strength to the front gear.

Back