What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G3X 8.71 Transponder Issue

dweyant

Well Known Member
Help please.

I updated my G3X touch to 8.71 today. Everything seemed to go as normal, but now I'm getting a Transponder Configuration Error on my GTX23ES.

Any ideas what is going on with this, and how to correct?

Thanks,

-Dan

Never mind.

Found the answer burried in another thread.

Apparently with 8.71 you must put an antenna offset into the config, wasn't required on any of the other versions.

-Dan

For the love of God I thought I was the only one having this issue and that I had screwed something up!

Its some relief to see was not my fault!

This firmware upgrades 8.60 up to 8.71 made me very frustrated!

With 8.60 I started to have occasionally loss of traffic information with the GTS800 coupled to G3X... Now with 8.71 I think I would have it solved.

Unfortunately now is even worse.

I've completely lost my tranponder.

I looking forward to set the antenna offset as replied in thread #49 but

Is it when I boot into G3X configuration MODE or is it in the normal operation G3X transponder configurations?

Because I don't remember to have this option in my transponder configurations into G3X booting in configuration mode and in with the G3X in normal operation it does not let me access the XPRD configuration menu anymore it just shows it but does not enters it...

Look at this video please and see if it is there (hope not) where I point I cannot access that you set the antenna offset:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/kmihNvxRmbC9QnfB7

Apparently with 8.71 you must put an antenna offset into the config, wasn't required on any of the other versions.

-Dan

Antenna offset data is a requirement of ADSB-out, so earlier versions were non-compliant if they didn’t have it.

For the love of God I thought I was the only one having this issue and that I had screwed something up!

Its some relief to see was not my fault!

This firmware upgrades 8.60 up to 8.71 made me very frustrated!

With 8.60 I started to have occasionally loss of traffic information with the GTS800 coupled to G3X... Now with 8.71 I think I would have it solved.

Unfortunately now is even worse.

I've completely lost my tranponder.

I looking forward to set the antenna offset as replied in thread #49 but

Is it when I boot into G3X configuration MODE or is it in the normal operation G3X transponder configurations?

Because I don't remember to have this option in my transponder configurations into G3X booting in configuration mode and in with the G3X in normal operation it does not let me access the XPRD configuration menu anymore it just shows it but does not enters it...

Look at this video please and see if it is there (hope not) where I point I cannot access that you set the antenna offset:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/kmihNvxRmbC9QnfB7
You have to enter confirmation more by holding the menu button.

Then, scroll down to transponder, click that, and scroll down until the transponder offset field. Then enter the appropriate value.

I sent an email to Garmin G3expert Friday, and again Monday for guidance on what firmware/software version the GTX23ES needs, but still have heard nothing from them.

Try the offset in configuration mode and see if that resolves it.

Me to

Upgrade my GDU 460 to version 8.71 now have a red X on the GDU 460 PFD and MFD. I have a GTX 35R transponder. Two things I have verified that the offset is set to 3, I also verified with ATC when I had it in the Air that the GTX 35R is functioning and squawking 1200 in the air however I was unable to control due to the giant X on the GDU 460.

Suggestions?

You have to enter confirmation more by holding the menu button.

Then, scroll down to transponder, click that, and scroll down until the transponder offset field. Then enter the appropriate value.

I sent an email to Garmin G3expert Friday, and again Monday for guidance on what firmware/software version the GTX23ES needs, but still have heard nothing from them.

Try the offset in configuration mode and see if that resolves it.

Software 8.04 is the most current for the GTX23/33/330

Back