What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Greetings!

FMI68

Greetings,
Joining the RV world and dropping a note to say hello.
My wife and I were able to attend the Petit Jean gathering this past weekend for our 1st RV fly in and had a great experience for the short time we were there. We are from NW Arkansas and I'm in the market for an RV-8, welcome any and all suggestions.
Again hello, thanks for the warm welcome this past weekend and glad to be aboard.

Best regards!!

FMI68

Welcome to VAF!

Goose,
welcome.gif
aboard the good ship VAF

JR is in Fayetteville. I used to be in Bentonville. I know a guy in Rogers that might want to sell his RV8 kit, if you are interested in building. Welcome aboard.

Appreciate the welcome...

Thanks for the notes!
I have the privilege of covering a majority of the US.
Mike/Charlie, I get into SAC every now and then.. as well as Mather.
Gil, I'm in Dallas often.. generally DAL and ADS but have spent quite a bit of time at the McKinney Air Service... great folks there!!
JR.. your just a few motorcycle mins away.

Regardless of where you are, thanks for warm welcome and perhaps there will be a time to join up and chat about RV's over a meal. Will keep you each in mind and PMsg as the sched permits.
I spent a few hours in MKC yesterday and met a father/son flying their RV from Stillwater, OK. Great guys, very friendly and RV knowledgeable, just wish I would have had more time to visit.
The hour is late and its been a long day... will return soon.
Fly safe..

Thanks for the notes!
I have the privilege of covering a majority of the US.
Mike/Charlie, I get into SAC every now and then.. as well as Mather.

Regardless of where you are, thanks for warm welcome and perhaps there will be a time to join up and chat about RV's over a meal. Will keep you each in mind and PMsg as the sched permits.

Fly safe..

Jeff,

Let me know when you're out this way. We can break bread and talk RV's.

Have you sat in or flown in an RV-8? If not, that can be arranged as well.

Thanks,

Charlie,
I'm off for the next week, attempting to whittle down the honey do list. Will check the sched starting 01NOV and let you know. My bro from college was a Navy test pilot on the East coast who turned me on to these gems earlier this year and highly recommended a -8. For the past 6 months I've been covering the US and looking at any RV or specifically RV-8's at each stop. Have found every RV community is always over friendly and welcome to show their beautiful birds. Even if we couldn't get out to see an airplane, have spoken with many from Oregon to Houston over the phone.
Noted a very nice one in ABQ however its an -8A and I'm looking for an -8. Saw another close to Chattanooga that currently has my eye.. you may have seen it on the Controller or Trade-a-Plane... has a Cont. IO-470C, great deal of HP for that bird. Have done a considerable amount of research and realize the norm is w/the Lyc O or IO-360.. but its beautiful. I've been out of the country recently and now will try to get back to CHA and go for a ride.
All this to answer your question.. have seen several, but have yet to fly one.. know when I do, the checkbook will come out and I'll be in love with it for the rest of my career. :)
For now, I'm taking my time, continuing my research and visiting with many great RV folks across the country until I find exactly what I'm looking for (save that for the next quote :)).
Hope to see you soon on the West coast and have been invited to see another on the East coast outside of TEB next.
Pressing on...

Charlotte, NC.

Mike,
It will be an honor! I've grown quite fascinated with all RV models.
Will let you know as soon as I can snag a trip to your area of the US.
Have one last trip this week and will spend tomorrow in Charlotte, NC. Will try to see if I can find anyone in the area there who might have an RV there as well.
Thanks for the invite and hope to see you at some point in the near future.

Welcome

I think you are on the right road here and wish you good hunting. There are a lot of RV's out there and you can build what you want as well. If you take your time and explore the different models tell you find what you like and can live with you can be happy with any of them. Go for it, Yours, R.E.A. III #80888

I am the guy Lemmingman said might have an RV8 kit for sale. Right now it is a candidate for a wall hanger at Cracker Barrel......and I am drooling over ever Maule I see on Barnstormers. I see you mentioned riding down to PJ....My wife and I both ride HD's and have been there multiple times on the bikes. So beautiful. Maybe we can ride sometime.

Back