What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rookie mistake question

N5916R

On the HS stab, if I drilled a hole that says Drill In Final assembly, are the parts ruined or do I just move on?

I would think that you would not know whether the part was ruined or not until you got ready for final assembly. Then you would see how far off (or not off at all) your hole is.

That's just my first thought. Maybe others know a way to verify the hole location at your present stage.

This maybe should go under "Plan Reading 101" or "Attention to Detail 102", but I was out there counting holes on the plan and the pre-punched holes. I am now thinking that the Drill in Final Assembly hole is not there. Fingers crossed that this is the case.

Last edited:
HS

On the HS there are four holes to enlarge later but they are there near the center of the forward spar. On the skin there are several to attach the fairing later. They are also there. I can't think of any not pre-drilled.
On the VS there are two not drilled to be drilled later.
Can you be more specific?

Last edited:
I was having a beginners moment. There are two holse on the rear spar and doubler that show drill in final assembly. The are not pre-punched so you can't drill them early. They are there for reference. Crisis averted.

Thanks all!

Back