What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

ICOM A 210

stneki

Well Known Member
Patron
Need help with an Icom A 210. I had an issue with the squelch on it and sent it in to Icom for repair. They indicated they did a software update and some adjustments on the settings. Now after reinstalling it I can not get any audio out of it even in the test mode. It is hooked up to an audio panel and the other radio works good. Any ideas from the group?

Thanks Steve

A-210

I would check the little ribbon cable behind the front panel that attaches the front panel to radio. It is the weak link in the system.

Radio Rick

Search the forums - several of us have had this problem - it is an obscure software setting or hole that you can get in to, and I can't remember off the top of my head how to get out of it - but the answer is here in the archives. I went the ribbon cable route (which can also be a source of problems) and then discovered something was just not set right.

Last edited:
I had the same problem, tried everything including disassembly of some wired jacks, turned out to be the ribbon cable as mentioned earlier. A weak point, otherwise assume little unit.

I had this problem. Make sure the wire harness is fully seated into the radio. For some reason mine did not want to when pushed into the tray. I ultimately added a washer or two between the tray and the harness plug in order to push the plug farther into the radio. No problems since, but it gave me fits until I figured out what was going on during initial install.

Other than that, a fantastic radio.

Last edited:
Back