What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Carburetor Rebuild Shop

N184DA

Well Known Member
Sponsor
Was looking through the archives for a carburetor rebuild shop but all of the posts seem dated.

I am in need of a rebuild/overhaul for my MA-4SPA, and I am looking for a recommendation.
Local to the PNW would be even better.

I'm not opposed to just swapping it out but mine has an over-sized jet that Ly-Con fitted to my carb during the engine runs on the test stand,, way back when,, and I don't want to lose it.

Thanks in advance!

D&G Supply

Look up D&G Supply online. They just did two for me and did a fantastic job. I took pictures of the carb before I sent it in and could not believe it was the same one I got back. It was perfect.

ms2hkj.jpg

When I had mine overhauled I was told by several carb shops that only the factory was capable of flow testing. Mine ran about $880.00. You may want to consider changing out the aluminum fuel connection fitting. Also, it appears that the plug opposite the fuel inlet locking tabs are not bent over.

Just got a rebuilt MA3-SPA for my Cub from Spruce.Around $800 or so exchange. You can swap out what you need before you send the core back.

When I had mine overhauled I was told by several carb shops that only the factory was capable of flow testing. Mine ran about $880.00. You may want to consider changing out the aluminum fuel connection fitting. Also, it appears that the plug opposite the fuel inlet locking tabs are not bent over.

It is steel now and I caught the tabs not being bent. Good eye!!

Check these guys out in the DFW area. WWW.aircraftcarbs.com. Tel. (940)6482277. FAA approved repair station. I've had them do my MA3, Stearman carb, Christen Eagle fuel injection. Great work, reasonably priced.

Back