What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Sam James Holy Cowl and Plenum

stneki

Well Known Member
Patron
On my RV7A I have the Sam James cowl and plunum. I noticed that I am getting some rubbing between the plenum and the cowl on the top left side. Without doing a major alteration is it possible to heat up the plenum and push it in slightly? Or, any other ideas?

Thank you for your help.

Simple to fix.

Where the plenum is hitting the cowl, take your Dremel tool with a sanding disc and sand the plenum until it does not hit. Take enough off to make sure you have clearance. Put a piece of aluminum tape over the area and go fly. It fixed, then replace the tape with a couple of bids of glass over the area and paint - done.

Carl

Simple to fix.

Where the plenum is hitting the cowl, take your Dremel tool with a sanding disc and sand the plenum until it does not hit. Take enough off to make sure you have clearance. Put a piece of aluminum tape over the area and go fly. It fixed, then replace the tape with a couple of bids of glass over the area and paint - done.

Carl

+1 sand the outside, tape the inside, glass the inside. Don't let the tape balloon, though.

Back