What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

High Sierra short field fun

M5fly

Well Known Member
Life happens and it's taken me quite a bit of time to get this video out - it was filmed in late spring - but I think the results were with it. I highly recommend checking these places out if you're in the area! Hope you enjoy!

https://youtu.be/XbCz1vxEyfQ

Great video Cole! I gotta break away from the double digit MSL airports at the coast and come east to fly over the rocks and check these places out ... once things cool down a bit out your way.

Great video Cole! I gotta break away from the double digit MSL airports at the coast and come east to fly over the rocks and check these places out ... once things cool down a bit out your way.

Haha, there's a lot of great places to check out. With your engine/prop combo you'll have no problems at any of them, even if it's a little warm. Quincy, CA is another place at the top of the list to visit!

Aerobatics

Cole, great video and music. I’m looking at doing aerobatics in my 7a, so maybe you can do a vid on how you got into aerobatics in an RV. Thanks.

Hi Cole, Could you maybe post the elevation of some of these airports, since you were worried about trees at the end??

Cole, great video and music. I’m looking at doing aerobatics in my 7a, so maybe you can do a vid on how you got into aerobatics in an RV. Thanks.

Thanks Paul! I've only done rolls so far.. haven't had the training to feel comfortable doing anything else yet. Might get some formation footage soon though! :D

To be honest, living where I do, I'm not entirely sure I've got enough power to get over the top of a loop at 10k with just 150hp. Rolls are easy though and a blast!

Hi Cole, Could you maybe post the elevation of some of these airports, since you were worried about trees at the end??

Hi Don,

Nervino - 4900MSL
Sierraville - 4984MSL
Blue Canyon - 5284MSL
Georgetown - 2625MSL

I wasn't worried about the terrain and trees on that day since it was cool and I was light, but wanted to remind folks to think before you go into places like this, especially if you don't have a lot of mountain flying experience. Sierraville and Georgetown are the only ones on this video to be concerned with obstacles. For the others, as long as you can be airborne in a couple thousand feet you're good :D

Back