What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Headset Wiring

BGordon

Well Known Member
Good morning everyone,
I have installed the jacks for my headsets and I am looking for recommendations for the wiring...could I run a shielded 6 core? or do i need to run 2 shielded 3 cores per jack?

thanks,
Brandon

I think the install manuals specifiy running 2 separate shielded wires: (1) 2-conductor for phones and (2) 3-conductor for the mic/PTT.

Good morning everyone,
I have installed the jacks for my headsets and I am looking for recommendations for the wiring...could I run a shielded 6 core? or do i need to run 2 shielded 3 cores per jack?

thanks,
Brandon
Brandon,

The audio panel, intercom, or COM radio/intercom that you are wiring the headset jacks to will normally provide the wiring guidance you seek.

For example, for a GTR 200 installation, where the built-in stereo intercom is used, you need dual conductor shielded wire for the mic plug jack and triple conductor shielded wire for the the stereo headset jack.

The pilot and copilot active low PTT wiring is totally separate from the mic jack unless you want to wire for a hand mic (note 7). Most of us do not.

GTR200HeadsetWiring.png

Steve

Back