What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

ACS 2002

lllewis45

I am searching for someone that knows how to calibrate my oil temperature sensor on my ACS 2002, I know it's an older unit, but then so am I. I have calibrated other transducers over the years but the oil temp calibration is different. The reference to the "Calibration Display1 for the lower Data Point "
and the same for the upper data point, is where I get confused.

Additionally, there are no identifying numbers or letters on the unit that failed. It was on the XP 360 Superior engine kit, so I have not
been able to find the same sensor for it. The one that failed was a two wire shielded cable unit.

I have installed a new non-shielded two wire unit and it does change temperature but came with no instructions.

Thanks in advance,

LL

Calibration

Calibration Examples

1. Place the sensor in a cup of ice water and wait for the digital reading in the upper right hand corner to stop changing.
2. Enter the digital value from the upper right hand corner as Calibration Reading 1
3. Enter the temperature for ice water (32 for Fahrenheit or 0 for Celsius) as Calibration Display 1
4. Next place the sensor at room temperature and wait for the digital reading in the upper right hand corner to stop changing.
5. Enter the room temperature (Fahrenheit or Celsius) as Calibration Display 2
6. Enter the digital value from the upper right hand corner as Calibration Reading 2

ACS2002

Jeff, Thanks for the calibration procedure for the oil temp gage! I will give that a shot!

Looks like you you've been busy building another RV. I'm sure it will be a very nice one!

Bernie

Last edited:
AFS 2002

For anyone needing to calibrate their Oil Temperature sensor, Jeff Radtke's explanation of the procedure is excellent. I followed it and I was able to get the oil temperature to appear on the AFS Engine Monitor showing the current temperature of my hangar, so thought I had it fixed, but when I fired up the engine and flew the airplane the temperature showed a decrease in the temperature by a couple of degrees that I think would be the normal decrease in outside temperature for the altitude gain of a couple thousand feet.

So still trying to figure it out. I have not been able to determine the manufacturer of the original probe, it has a longer and larger diameter probe but no identifying numbers etc. The original owner said it came with the new XP O 360.

The one I replaced it with is a Grand Rapids Technologies with the P/N FT-LC-01 oil temp sensor.

Anyone that has information on this problem I'd love to hear from you,

Thanks

LLL

Back