What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Flap Hinge Ribs

jswareiv

Well Known Member
Does anyone the reason that you do not dimple the two holes on the Upper Flange on the flap hinge at the same time you do the lower? I looked ahead and it looks like these just attach to the wing skin, so nothing special except dimple. This is on the "new" section 14, page 14-02. It only says to do the lower at this time. Thanks.

CS on wing walk doublers

First of all, +10 points to you for noticing that that isn't dimpled. Several of us have dimpled it then had to un dimple.

The wing ribs under the wing walk doublers do not get dimples. You will later countersink the skin+doubler instead of dimpling.

Last edited:
First of all, +10 points to you for noticing that that isn't dimpled. Several of us have dimpled it then had to un dimple.

The wing ribs under the wing walk doublers do not get dimples. You will later countersink the skin+doubler instead of dimpling.

Hey KC, thanks for the quick reply. I got those ribs under the wing walk doubler thanks to your previous posts. However, this is for the Flap hinge ribs, those two tabs on the upper flange.

Hey KC, thanks for the quick reply. I got those ribs under the wing walk doubler thanks to your previous posts. However, this is for the Flap hinge ribs, those two tabs on the upper flange.

Ok. I think I see what you're talking about in page 12-02 step 3?

I don't know why they're not more clear there but I think the bottom line is that if you're talking about these two holes on the flap hinge rib...
t9efx5.jpg

...then the ultimate answer is that the inboard flap hinge rib sits under the wing walk so it doesnt need dimpling. The outboard hinge rib ultimately gets a dimple somewhere along the line. I don't see any reason not to do it now.

Is that what you're referring to?

Thank you

Ok. I think I see what you're talking about in page 12-02 step 3?

I don't know why they're not more clear there but I think the bottom line is that if you're talking about these two holes on the flap hinge rib...
t9efx5.jpg

...then the ultimate answer is that the inboard flap hinge rib sits under the wing walk so it doesnt need dimpling. The outboard hinge rib ultimately gets a dimple somewhere along the line. I don't see any reason not to do it now.

Is that what you're referring to?
Yes, exactly what I was asking. Thank you. I will dimple the outside now. Thanks KC.

Back