What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-6A - new to me

Flybuddy2

Well Known Member
RV-6A N33PL Tom Feminella

Just bought the following RV6A from Pierre Smith. Was going to build but the price of building seems to keep going up while finished aircraft prices keep going down. Beautiful job by Pierre.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/flybuddy/

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations

Congratulations Tom! This aircraft has a special spirit :).

Enjoy and Welcome to the World of RVs!

congrats.......

is that fort meyers florida? if so we'll get you in the loop for get togethers.
americanflag2a.jpg

She's going to be missed...

....since she was good company during an unexpected divorce and by chance, helped me find a new wife:)

She'll also be recognized by 70 or more transition training students who are now flying their own -6A's, -7A's, -8A's and a few -9A's as well, from California to Maine.

....plus she's done Cuban 8's, an Immelman or three and countless rolls and 4 point rolls and with Craig Catto's three-blade, exceeded Van's published cruise numbers, and placed second at the Race-to-Ridgeland last year!

I'm just very happy she's going to a big RV family.

The best,

Last edited:
Pierre Smith's 6A

Good luck with the new (to you) plane. I was lucky to fly this plane as a transitional pilot before I flew my RV 7A. Great performer and a truly fun plane to fly. Pierre was a great instructor, and not only did I learn a great deal, he is a very interesting person. I look at my few days in Louisville Ga with fondness.

I did not get quite the perfect fiberglas finish on my windshield that Pierre did, but then again maybe I will build again. Flying is more fun than building.

S S Anderson

Thx guys, appreciate it. Also, yes, it is Fort Myers FL (Buckingham Airpark), FL59. We've got several RVs on the field. Four 9s, two 6s, one 7 and one 10. Tom

Small world. I'll be flying into Ft. Myers in just a few weeks (commercially). My parents live in the area, visiting for Christmas. Lovely area, must make for wonderful RV flying!

Thx guys, appreciate it. Also, yes, it is Fort Myers FL (Buckingham Airpark), FL59. We've got several RVs on the field. Four 9s, two 6s, one 7 and one 10. Tom
My wife and I will be flying into Ft. Myers in January for a couple of weeks. We will be in my candy apple red RV-7A "Sky Terrier". I also did my transition training with Pierre so I know first hand that you got a nice flying airplane.

Congrats!

Wow, that's purdy!

I was going to build in celebration of my divorce too, but maybe I should go the instant gratification route. Hmmm....

Wow, that's purdy!

I was going to build in celebration of my divorce too, but maybe I should go the instant gratification route. Hmmm....

I was negotiating for a quick build 7 kit when Pierre called. The real issue boils down to build prices rising while flying aircraft prices drop. It's cheaper to buy than build.

Tom's spot on.....

....in that you can buy cheaper than you can build. It really is a buyers' market for yachts, recreational vehicles and airplanes and second homes.

Barnstormers has quite a few RV's and Rockets below parts cost in this lousy economy. If you just have to build, do so because I was talking with an acquaintance yesterday who's retired and bored, so he's going to build.

Regards,

Back