What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Polishing Baffles - Advice Needed

David Paule

Well Known Member
I plan to polish the baffles. Since the pieces are relatively small, would you recommend a small polisher, if so which, or just do it by hand? I think the Cyclo polisher (I have one) is too big for this. I have Nuvite's S, C and G6 polishes, and a plentitude of white cotton sweatshirt rags. The baffles are still disassembled and in the blue vinyl.

Thanks,
Dave

I just use some of this for small areas. Microfiber cloth and some elbow grease.
Note that some of the baffle pieces are not alclad. I think some pieces are 5052 (rear)

Attachments

• 7040003_bmg_40006_pri_larg.jpg
    7040003_bmg_40006_pri_larg.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_7133.jpg
    IMG_7133.jpg
    567.7 KB · Views: 50
I plan to polish the baffles. Since the pieces are relatively small, would you recommend a small polisher, if so which, or just do it by hand? I think the Cyclo polisher (I have one) is too big for this. I have Nuvite's S, C and G6 polishes, and a plentitude of white cotton sweatshirt rags. The baffles are still disassembled and in the blue vinyl.

Thanks,
Dave

Dave.
I would use a buffer pad on a drill.
Also would do it when the baffles are on the engine.

This small pieces will catch and fly all over the shop.
Can do S by hand.

Boomer

I'd paint them with a good two part single stage. Too much hardware and engine stuff in the way to keep them neatly polished after flying.

Back