What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Greetings!

MercFE

Well Known Member
New to that VAF, but hoping to become real familiar in the near future!

Retiring from the Navy after being stationed at Tinker AFB in Oklahoma for the past 12 years. Will be moving up to Seattle, WA in about two weeks to start a new career with Boeing.

Once settled, I hope to begin the rewarding process of building an RV. I have quite a bit of experience in repair of large aircraft. Hopefully, some of it should translate to help out with the small. Also, my step-son is planning on attending a two year degree/A&P course in the area, sounding like the perfect assistant.

Hoping to get in touch with a few people that I might be able to meet soon and get a feel for a RV, as well as some good contacts to prevent me from messing it up too bad.

Just up the road

Hi Victor. Welcome to the Washington area. If you are in Maple Valley you are just up the road from me. The Seattle area has a huge RV population including several EAA chapters. I am a member of three of them but for RV's I don't think you could go wrong with EAA 326 chapter in Puyallup where there are in excess of 70 RV's in the chapter.

I'm in the finishing stages (or so I want to believe) of building my 9A so feel free to stop by when you get into the area.

Darin

Way down the road

But...Welcome to VAF.

The build is a wonderful journey to a great destination.

Welcome to VAF!

Victor,
welcome.gif
aboard the good ship VAF.

Good to have you here.

Victor, do you know CMC Bob Holland? We were stationed together in the P.I. Back in the late 80's. I spoke to him on the phone a while back and that's where he told me he was. Also welcome to the club. If you decide to build, then this is the place to find answers.

If you are in Maple Valley you are just up the road from me.

Working on purchasing a home near the four corners area in Maple Valley. Bit of a commute to Boeing Field, and murder to get to Everett when I fly out of there. But, great schools for the kiddo and a GREAT house for the money.

The Seattle area has a huge RV population including several EAA chapters. I am a member of three of them but for RV's I don't think you could go wrong with EAA 326 chapter in Puyallup where there are in excess of 70 RV's in the chapter.

Sounds like a great place to start out. Definitely going to be looking for help along the way.

I'm in the finishing stages (or so I want to believe) of building my 9A so feel free to stop by when you get into the area.

Would love to meet up with you. For now, I'm leaning toward a 9A, myself. The 14 is tempting, but for the price difference, a 9A seems to be a much better starting point.

Victor, do you know CMC Bob Holland? We were stationed together in the P.I. Back in the late 80's. I spoke to him on the phone a while back and that's where he told me he was. Also welcome to the club. If you decide to build, then this is the place to find answers.

Small world... Actually retiring from VQ-4, where CMC Holland is stationed. Great guy to work for!

If you have time before you go, you might want to get in touch with Van Stumpner. He's a good friend of mine who lives in Mustang, OK. If you're interested, contact me at [email protected] and I will give you his phone number. He's been building an RV-6 for a long time; he's also an A&P and AI who works for the FAA. Good dude.

Jim Bower
St. Louis
RV-6A N143DJ
Flying since 2011

Victor, if you happen to venture down this way to visit Vans, I live in the Portland area about 25 min. drive time from Vans. I'm about 10 min. south of PDX. I would welcome a visit. Putting the final work into an RV-7A, I'd love to share details and stories with you. Please stop by! :)

Victor, if you happen to venture down this way to visit Vans, I live in the Portland area about 25 min. drive time from Vans. I'm about 10 min. south of PDX. I would welcome a visit. Putting the final work into an RV-7A, I'd love to share details and stories with you. Please stop by! :)

Stumbled upon your build page recently, one of the many that I've been thumbing through.

Once I'm settled in and decide to start up the process, I'll probably be driving down to visit Van's... And save a bit on shipping for the first kit!

Will let you know when I plan on heading down. Would love to get together.

Back